Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

31 October 2005

Why Am I Not Surprised?

Matthew 10:42 says, "If anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward." But Hurricane Wilma victims at one relief station in Florida reportedly had to drive three miles to get drinking water, because Southern Baptist volunteers serving hot meals refused to give away cans of water donated by Anheuser-Busch... (Read the rest)

(h/t: Mainstream Baptist)

Comments on "Why Am I Not Surprised?"

 

Blogger jasdye said ... (10/31/2005 11:28:00 PM) : 

y'know, sometimes i just don't want to believe stuff. this is one of those times.

 

Blogger Daniel Levesque said ... (10/31/2005 11:59:00 PM) : 

I hope your source is mistaken. I know Baptists are opposed to the consumption of alcohol, but charity is good almost always regardless of the source. (I can think of a few exceptions, the mafia and others who like to call in their favors in a bad way)

www.ravingconservative.com

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (11/02/2005 09:33:00 PM) : 

Thanks for the differing perspective, Marcguyver. But let's keep a couple of things in mind:

1) That was written by a PR associate. It's damage control.

2) It's a falsehood to suggest that it's irresponsible bloggers who are spreading lies. The article I linked to came from Ethics Daily, which is a Baptist publication. The news report that Ethics Daily bases its report on spoke to SBC volunteers who back the story's claims. And the news story also reports that some SBC volunteers were giving out water anyway.

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (11/04/2005 09:42:00 PM) : 

I'm glad you did post that, Marcguyver. Hope I didn't sound snarky. I think I just have a natural aversion to the SBC. :)

 

post a comment