Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

21 November 2005

Bad Ways To Start The Week #291

Few things are worse than spending the work day knowing that most of the money you're making is going to pay for the speeding ticket you acquired on the way there.

Comments on "Bad Ways To Start The Week #291"

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (11/21/2005 10:19:00 PM) : 

Ha! That's what you get for making fun of me a few months ago.

 

Blogger ms. tea said ... (11/22/2005 01:51:00 PM) : 

on par with when you scrape together enough change to pay the cover for the bar where your friend's band is playing, only to come out and find a $35 ticket on your windshield for not turning you tires enough towards the curb on a hill.

 

Blogger Jim Jannotti said ... (11/22/2005 02:44:00 PM) : 

ouch. major suckage.

A few months ago I got a whopper of a ticket for speeding through a school zone. I was heading to breakast to work on a stinkin' sermon!

I feel your pain.

 

Blogger Christine said ... (11/22/2005 05:22:00 PM) : 

what are the stats on that piece? (doing __ in a __). I want to see if it beats my texas highway record.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/22/2005 10:05:00 PM) : 

ah snap sucka

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (11/23/2005 08:39:00 AM) : 

Well, actually I was in a school zone, too. But it was a few minutes before school and there weren't any children around, so the officer was nice enough to count it as 49 in a 35. Otherwise it would have been 49 in a 20, which would have sucked a lot. Mrs. Badgewoman treated me very well, probably the friendliest out of the five times I've been pulled over. Anyways, I'm not so annoyed about getting the ticket as I am that this is my first one, ending my 11 year ticketless streak (12 years if you count while I had my permit). Plus I have to go to court since I didn't find my proof of insurance until after she wrote the ticket. Fah!

 

Blogger jasdye said ... (11/23/2005 09:15:00 PM) : 

wait, you were doing 50 in a school zone, you've had your lisence for nearly half your life, and you've only got pulled over 5 times? and your first ticket.

lucky dawg. either that or you're slipping (it's been a while for me, but i had my heyday).

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (11/23/2005 11:13:00 PM) : 

What can I say? Must be my boyish wit and my suave good looks. It also probably helps that this was the first time I'd been pulled over for speeding. Two previous pullovers were for non-working taillights, one was for not completely stopping at a stop sign, and one was for suspected DUI (I wasn't, but seeing as how it was three in the morning and I was driving on the wrong side of a bridge that was under construction, I can understand the concern).

 

Blogger Cathie said ... (11/24/2005 07:41:00 PM) : 

how unfair are speeding fines? i mean, imagine if you were a wealthy investment banker. the fine would not be noticable. instead, you have to spend a day's pay. sigh...

 

Blogger jasdye said ... (11/25/2005 03:36:00 PM) : 

daedlus,

get enough of those bad boys, and you lose your lisence. everybody's subject to that.

honestly, having received my fair share of speeding tickets (nice, sporty rental cars and a particular lead-foot make me an easy - and guilty - target), i feel your pain. but it's not injust in the least. not to make anyone feel guilty (chief of sinners, i am), but kids like to run out of nowhere, sight unseen.

 

Blogger Christine said ... (11/26/2005 12:14:00 PM) : 

nope, not quite a victory. close, though. mine's 98 in a 70. and I was in a '92 geo tin can with a speedometer that stopped at 85.
...I was crazy when I was young.

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (11/30/2005 10:46:00 AM) : 

Thanks for the tip, Marcguyver. If I ever find out my court date, I'll give it a whirl.

 

Blogger saraeanderson said ... (12/04/2005 11:14:00 AM) : 

The obvious solution is to never go to work.

 

post a comment