Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

16 July 2007

Dear Abby

Don't get me wrong. I like babies. I like mothers. I like pregnant mothers. I understand that small children can be a handful. I also understand that it can be difficult to find a babysitter. But is there some special circumstance of which I am unaware in which it is acceptable to bring an infant to a movie theatre?

It's a well known fact that babies tend to cry on occasion. And though I can understand the insatiable need to see the newest Harry Potter film on opening weekend, for the love of Jesus when your baby starts crying take it outside.

That is all.

Comments on "Dear Abby"

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (7/16/2007 11:46:00 PM) : 

AMEN!

 

Blogger timmer k. said ... (7/18/2007 03:30:00 PM) : 

You obviously hate babies...




And freedom.

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (7/19/2007 09:32:00 AM) : 

Hate them? I eat them.

 

Blogger jasdye said ... (7/19/2007 08:54:00 PM) : 

what was a christian doing at a devil-worshiping event like the harry potter movie anyway?

you were being indoctrinated like that poor misled, now satan-following infant.

did they make you put the sign of the beast (lightning) on your forehead for entrance?

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (7/23/2007 05:11:00 PM) : 

You're suggesting we should have sacrificed the infant to Lord Voldemort?

 

Blogger jasdye said ... (7/25/2007 08:43:00 AM) : 

don't confuse me with complicated things like names now.

of course, me being a new parent means that i only fundamentally care about two things:
1) no sacrificing of my baby.
2) sleep

honestly, though, never got into the movies (just saw the first one. i know it was directed by chris columbus, but still...) or the books. maybe i will later on in life (when they're sold at Christian bookstores like the Chronicles of Narnia, of course).

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (8/01/2007 04:59:00 PM) : 

I've only enjoyed the fourth and fifth Harry Potter movies. It goes without saying that the books are much better, though I can certainly understand why they aren't for everybody.

 

post a comment