Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

02 March 2006

Mème Brûlée

Seems I haven’t posted in quite a while. I’ve been a tad unmotivated, plus out of town, plus fighting some foul illness. But I’m feeling a bit better now. Nothing repairs the body quite like deep dish pizza, 10 consecutive hours of sleep, and a Kentucky win over Tennessee on their home court.

Anyways, so here’s a meme to get me back into the swing of things. Thanks to everybody who checked in on me.

Four jobs I’ve had:

1. paperboy
2. grocery store cog
3. freelance writer
4. Communication Director

Four movies I can watch over and over:

1. Donnie Darko
2. Magnolia
3. Requiem for a Dream
4. 8 Mile

Four TV shows I love to watch:

1. The Daily Show
2. 24
3. Nip/Tuck
4. Family Guy

Four places I’ve been on vacation:

1. Florida (various beaches)
2. Washington, D.C.
3. Chicago
4. Europe

Four favorite dishes:

1. Thai
2. Mexican
3. German/Austrian/Bavarian
4. Italian

Four Web sites I visit daily:

1. BBC News
2. YouTube
3. Comedy Central
4. Wikipedia

Four places I’d rather be:

1. Munich
2. Prague
3. Krakow
4. London

Four bloggers I am tagging:

If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged.

Comments on "Mème Brûlée"

 

Blogger Dan Trabue said ... (3/03/2006 10:23:00 PM) : 

I's about to send the sheriff looking for you. Glad you're feeling better.

How's about just a few answers?

4 movies:
1. Monty Pythons Holy Grail
2. Dead Poets Society
3. The Mission
4. Caddyshack
(a bit of the sublime, a bit of silly)

4 TV shows:
1. The Simpsons
2. Andy Griffith
3.
4.
(t'ain't four worth watching)

On "8 Mile:" It's a show my 14 year old son is interested in watching. Why do you like it (I've never seen it)?

 

Blogger jasdye said ... (3/05/2006 10:20:00 AM) : 

welcome back, jerk.

i love Magnolia, and it's one of my favorite films of all time, but i've only watched it once. maybe i think that if i watch it again, it'll lose some of its magic.

donnie darko's on my netflix queue, like next to go, after i finish watching Dylan/Scorcese's No Direction Home.

is a grocery store cog like a cog in the wheel?

 

Blogger Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said ... (3/19/2006 11:11:00 AM) : 

hey that movie was rad, except i got home and was a little scared to turn the lights off. i'm a scaredy cat just don't tell my friends :)
i got a blogger cuz xanga sucks eggs.
gwen stefani

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (3/20/2006 05:42:00 PM) : 

Dan,

8 Mile was a pretty random choice. Today it would probably be Office Space, Rushmore or Harold and Maude. But I like it for a lot of reasons. I love Hip-hop, and think Eminem is probably the most talented emcee in the mainstream. The rap battle culture also really fascinates me. Plus, it's a great story about overcoming adversity to achieve your dreams (sort of this decade's Rocky or Karate Kid). The script is great, the acting is wonderful, the cinematography is top notch, and it's smart and funny. I'd recommend screening it before letting your 14-year old watch though. There's lots of swearing and a pretty intense sex scene (although it is fully clothed and also one of the more realistic sex scenes I've seen).

Jasdye,

Thanks. How'd you like DD? Did you see the Director's Cut or the first version?

More like a cog in the machine. :)

GS,

You should read In Cold Blood, although it might wig you out.

 

Blogger jasdye said ... (3/20/2006 10:14:00 PM) : 

gwen,

Capote, Donnie Darko, Magnolia or No Direction Home? i guess they're all, in their own way, frightening.

welcome to blogger: the land of the slightly older, yet about as mature.

jerky,

welcome back to the land of the slightly older, yet about as mature.

i haven't switched a netflick in a good minute. it's got something to do with my moody movie watching. so, i still haven't seen it. though i did watch "why should the devil have all the good music." which, for me, was meh. heard it all before.

 

post a comment