Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

07 January 2006

Ripe Or Hype?

So we watched Sideways a couple of nights ago. Now I'm trying to decide whether it or Million Dollar Baby was the most overrated film of 2004. Right now, my money is on Sideways.

Comments on "Ripe Or Hype?"

 

Blogger Jim Jannotti said ... (1/07/2006 06:52:00 AM) : 

Heh. I'm still taking hell for not liking, I mean really not liking Million Dollar cryBaby around here!

I'm also catchin' it for not seeing Sideways, but it seemed even from the ads to be about stupid people doing stupid things. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with Merlot.

 

Blogger jasdye said ... (1/07/2006 03:09:00 PM) : 

it's really a choice between whiny upper-middle class people and whiny upper-lower class people isn't it?

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (1/07/2006 03:42:00 PM) : 

Eh, I think I like the lower class. I like merlot, too, Jim! In fact, it's about the only wine I do like. We're so antiestablishment and countercultural, aren't we? lol

 

Blogger Jim Jannotti said ... (1/08/2006 01:28:00 PM) : 

Yeah, Nicole. In fact, if you look up "countercultural" in the dictionary, my pictures is next to it. Or yours, depending on which dictionary you use.

 

Blogger MEP said ... (1/09/2006 11:44:00 AM) : 

Yeah, I didn't care for sideways that much either. The acting was good, but the story and pace sucked. I actually liked Million Dollar Baby though.

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (1/09/2006 12:22:00 PM) : 

I don't like Million Dollar Baby because they based it on a true story, but manipulated the end to serve their means. The real boxer who was paralyzed went on to live a life of meaning and purpose. I find manipulating the facts of someone's life to reflect your own values to be pretty tasteless, regardless of your cause.

 

Blogger jasdye said ... (1/09/2006 09:27:00 PM) : 

it was based on a true story? seriously, i didn't know that. that changes a bit, but seriously, anybody who thought that she was choosing the best route in her assisted suicide ("i had a full life. i have nothing else to live for..." bullsh*t) and that eastwood's character wasn't eaten alive by guilt may as well pull the plug.

o, now i'm sounding like o'reilly.

 

Blogger ms. tea said ... (2/11/2006 12:03:00 AM) : 

forget overrated, sideways was just plain awful.

depraved one dimensional characters who end up...depraved one dimensional characters.

 

post a comment