Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

17 September 2005

Saturday Comics Blogging

Cleaning out my Katrina closet...




Comments on "Saturday Comics Blogging"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/17/2005 08:18:00 PM) : 

i liked the middle one best. . but the flooding top one is clever.
having fun in TN?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/18/2005 01:44:00 PM) : 

So John Kerry woulda for sure had whatever needed fixing in New Orleans fixed before the hurricane hit? Just curious.

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (9/18/2005 01:57:00 PM) : 

So far so good, steph.

I dunno, Trevor. He certainly couldn't have done much worse than Bush at it. Bush's administration, after all, is the one that diverted money that should have gone towards preparing New Orleans for the storm to the war in Iraq, a war sold to the American people through a series of outright lies and deceptions. I'm pretty sure most of the people who comment here could do a better job running this country than our current President, New Orleans clean up included. But that's just my opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/18/2005 10:39:00 PM) : 

While I certainly don't agree with Bush on the war or many other issues, I'm not sure I understand why Bush is to blame for the whole situation in New Orleans. A cursory reading of the news seems to indicate that he declared a state of emergency the day before the levee broke. The problem was that federal assistance can't be used unless the state authorizes it. If Bush chose to send troops in without the State's consent, that would be considered illegal. The governor refused to authorize it until after the levee broke & New Orleans was flooded. While some of the funds were diverted for a war I don't agree with, it also seems that the money Louisiana did receive was misused & not spent on storm preparation.

I almost deleted the two following questions from this post as I do not intend to sound sarcastic or offend you Kevin. I chose to leave them as I think they bring out a valid point. They are not intended to offend in anyway:

1. Will you also be posting cartoons depicting human suffering & blaming local & state officials who squandered the money & failed to accept federal assistance until it was too late?
2. What about cartoons depicting murders & rapists running around the streets while police officers drive their city-issued cars to other states?

Like you, I do not agree with much that the current administration does, but that doesn't mean it is to blame for all the problems in New Orleans as well. There were breakdowns on every level. It seems that maybe your frustration with the Bush administration is tinting the way you are viewing the New Orleans issue. If I am wrong, please let me know. Maybe I'm missing something here! And please do not take offense at this comment as that is certainly not the intent.

On the brighter side, I'm really encouraged by all the reports coming out about Kingdom people assisting those who have been displaced!

Peace.

 

post a comment