Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

22 August 2005

Wow

So, yeah, I realise that polls are often quite skewed. Nonetheless, it's hard not to gloat about this. According to the new American Research Group poll, our President's poll numbers have now dipped below the 40 percent mark. Only 36 percent of the country approves of Bush's job performance. Bush is now more unpopular than Nixon was during Watergate. Could someone please inform the liberal media?

Notes Kos:

At this point of his second term, Clinton was at 59 percent. Reagan was at 60 percent. Nixon at 39. (Though to be fair, the Nixon numbers were Gallup, while this poll is ARG.)

So what's causing the downfall? On the domestic front, Bush has had a pretty good last couple of weeks, with passage of the energy and highway bills and CAFTA. So what's causing the meltdown?

Well, his Republican support is starting to crack (down to 77 percent approval). His favorability on the economy is 33 percent despite the administration's economic triumphalism in the past few weeks (down from 38 percent in July). Seems that the public isn't happy with the kind of jobs that are being created.

And Iraq (not addressed in this poll) obviously isn't doing Bush any favors either.

Comments on "Wow"

 

Blogger Brandon said ... (8/22/2005 11:15:00 PM) : 

Though my numbers are still pretty bad, I've been seeing between 42 and 45 percent approval ratings.

I keep my eye on this site:

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

to stay in the loop on approval ratings. Any way you stack it, Bush's doing a piss poor job and the American people know it.

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (8/23/2005 11:29:00 AM) : 

Yeah, 36 percent is pretty low. Everything I've seen before that has been in the mid to low 40s. Of course, more recent deaths in Iraq and Cindy Sheehan aren't helping him one bit. In a couple of weeks we'll probably know if the 36 percent is a fluke or if Bush's numbers are in some serious trouble.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/23/2005 11:19:00 PM) : 

was just in the neighborhood. . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/24/2005 02:29:00 AM) : 

Since we don't know each other or anything, for the sake of what little integrity I may have, I just wanted to let you know that I ganked your comment from Stephanie's Xanga site and posted it on mine. I really like what you said and wanted to share it with some of my few readers. I hope that's okay. Also, I have bookmarked your site here and will be visiting.

 

Blogger Dan Trabue said ... (8/25/2005 09:05:00 AM) : 

I often worry about my country. Especially at times like last November. Seeing Bush approval ratings down in the 30's helps restore my confidence in my fellow citizens. Seeing Bush impeached would REALLY help.

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (8/25/2005 11:13:00 AM) : 

No worries, Trevor. You're more than welcome to gank my comments. And stop by any time. I'd love to hear your perspective on things.

I wouldn't mind seeing that either, Dan.

 

post a comment