Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

05 March 2005

Get Your David Rees On


Posted by Hello

There’s a nice interview with David Rees up at Campus Progress. For those not in the know, Rees is the author of four comic strips, most notably the angry, Bush-slamming, profanity-laced, sarcasm-heavy Get Your War On. In the interview, Rees touches on the origin of his strip, his clip art denizens' penchants for swearing, Jesus, the media, and even namedrops Jim Wallis.

Interview soundbite:

(T)he thing that I’m interested in now, even though I haven’t done many strips on it, is values and religion and their role in society and politics. I grew up in a really religious household and I used to be really religious. So, I get really offended when Bush uses all of that rhetoric and language, but I feel like Bush’s policies don’t reflect my understanding of Christ. And that’s something that really offends to me in a sort of personal way.

While you're at it, access archives of Rees' stuff here.

Comments on "Get Your David Rees On"

 

post a comment