Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

26 February 2005

SpongeBob Revisited

So I'm really late to the Jeff Gannon controversy. Late enough that I'm not going to rehash what you should already know about a man using an alias who had no journalism experience or credibility being issued a daily visitor's pass to White House press briefings and issuing right wing talking points as questions. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read a couple of weeks worth of AMERICAblog and you'll be up to speed.

Instead I'm going to wonder why James Dobson is concerned about SpongeBob, but not the White House using a gay male prostitute as a means to disseminate propaganda.

Notes Bill Berkowitz:

As of February 24, there wasn't any news about the Gannon Affair available on the Web sites of Focus on the Family, the Family Research Council, the American Family Association, or the Traditional Values Coalition. As best as I could determine, no special alerts about the Gannon Affair have been issued; and no campaigns have been launched to get to the bottom of the matter.

Curious about this wall of silence, I phoned several Christian right groups on Tuesday, February 22, hoping to find someone who could comment on the Gannon Affair. This is what I found:

Dr. James Dobson's Focus on the Family: I filled out an interview form and waited to hear back. Several hours later, a FotF administrative assistant called me to say that no one there could answer my questions about Gannon. She said a lot of folks were out sick and no one was available. "Would someone be available tomorrow or Thursday," I asked. She pointed out that no one would be available the following day or the day after to talk about this issue. "Next week?" "No."

Comments on "SpongeBob Revisited"

 

Blogger Black Sheep said ... (2/27/2005 06:52:00 PM) : 

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for posting on my site. I've read through your blog and find myself saying "right on". Keep up the good work!

 

Blogger Delia Christina said ... (2/28/2005 10:09:00 AM) : 

yes, the silence is curious, hm?

it's almost as if a moment of cognitive dissonance has ocurred! or at least exposed a bit of hollow ideology...

 

post a comment