Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

25 December 2005

The Twelve Brews Of Christmas: Day 1

I may be the only person I know who received beer as a Christmas gift. I'm not what this says about Mrs. Wasp Jerky and I.

MacTarnahan's Highlander Pale Ale

Highlander is a remarkably unique ale that combines the fruity character of authentic Scottish ale yeast with the delightful hop bouquet of our own distilled hop oil and a "kiss" of Highland heather. Used in Highland ales throughout the centuries, heather adds a touch of herbal sweetness that blends beautifully with the floral hop aroma to produce an exceptional infusion of fragrance and flavor. The result is an extraordinary crisp and refreshing pale ale.

Comments on "The Twelve Brews Of Christmas: Day 1"

 

Blogger Jim Jannotti said ... (12/26/2005 08:17:00 AM) : 

I have received beer in the past, though not this year. I'm waiting/longing for the day when I receive a beer of the month subscription! No, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Blessings in the grand tradition of Luther to you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/26/2005 11:26:00 AM) : 

Nice!

McTarnahan's is a brewery up in Portland. I like their Blackwatch Porter, but I haven't tried the Highlander. I'm not much of an IPA guy, I guess.

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (12/26/2005 02:40:00 PM) : 

Ah, glad I'm not the only one. I was feeling like Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin.

It's pretty good stuff. I haven't sampled nearly enough beers to be a connoisseur by any means. But I found it tasty.

 

Blogger Zeke said ... (12/26/2005 10:00:00 PM) : 

Not a pale ale fan myself... more partial to IPAs and porters.

And for the record, if anyone gave me a Beer of the Month club subscription that would be an impressive demonstration of affection.

 

post a comment