Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Sicko
Ratatouille
Disturbia
Paris - Sonic Jihad
David Bazan - Fewer Moving Parts
Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere - Heartbreak and Duct Tape
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here a Stranger
Mustard - Eureka Grande
My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

The peaches, apples, plums and pears are guarded by ferocious bears.

Powered by Blogger


Resumes
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J.K. Rowling
My Secret - Frank Warren
Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi

25 July 2005

Holy Comics



Up in the sky. It's a bird. It's a plane. No, silly mortal. It's Captain Miracle:

By speaking the name of God, young Billy Batista is transformed into Captain Miracle! With super powers granted by the Almighty, Captain Miracle fights the forces of evil:

Gaia Rites
a Pagan lesbian who values the earth more than men
Prof. Atheos
a Humanist whose inventions defy God's providence
Sodom al-Mohammed
an Islamic terrorist slaughtering American soldiers
The Anti-Miracle
the Captain's devil-powered counterpart
and...
a mysterious being who appears to be unstoppable!


This is either the work of a sincere and truly frightening fundamentalist or the most brilliant parody I've seen in quite a while. I love that I can't tell which.

Comments on "Holy Comics"

 

Blogger Dan Trabue said ... (7/26/2005 08:14:00 AM) : 

Holy Comics - "The leader in cruci-fiction"? Parody. Gotta be.

For some more ironically, unintentionally funny christian nuttiness, check out an authentic Christian superhero, Bibleman.com.

Truly horrible.

What's worse is that I let my son get one. D'oh!

 

Blogger Wasp Jerky said ... (7/26/2005 06:15:00 PM) : 

Yep, I think you're right. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping to order a copy.

I've encountered Bibleman before. I got the upper hand on that occasion. Sadly, the poor fellow is easily smitten with a fist-sized chunk of kryptonite.

 

post a comment