|Things I Will Probably Never Understand:|
1) Iraq invades Kuwait in 1990? United States invades Iraq. Israel illegally acquires Palestinian land in 1967 and never returns it? United States gives Israel $3 billion+ annually.
2) Syrian occupation of Lebanon? Bad. Israeli occupation of Syria? Not so much.
3) Former head of Pakistan’s ISI (the Pakistani equivalent of the CIA), Lt General Mahmoud Ahmad, orders $100,000 wired to 9/11 hijacker Mohammad Atta? United States invades Iraq.
4) Hamas behind suicide bombings against Israelis? Terrorism. Israel kills Palestinians and bulldozes their homes? Not terrorism.
5) Israeli possession of nuclear weapons? Acceptable. Iranian possession of nuclear weapons? Unacceptable.
6) How Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein could have had an “operational relationship” in the early 1990s, as former Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith claimed, given that bin Laden wanted to attack Hussein with mujahideen warriors at that time.
7) Despite having more than 700 military bases in 130 countries around the world, the United States should not be considered an empire.
8) Bill Clinton fails to take down Al-Qaeda following bombing of U.S. embassy in East Africa? Republicans go apeshit. Ronald Reagan fails to even retaliate after Hezbollah bombs U.S. embassy in Beirut? Republicans eerily silent.